Our mornings are witnessed with the chilled breeze and scattered sprouted mushrooms in the dewy grass as we welcome fall. While we carelessly step over mushrooms in our everyday walk, little do we do about the numerous benefits of the phenomenal fungi.
Recently when a friend recommended Fantastic Fungi on Netflix, I was awestruck. Who knew mere fungi would be the new superhero. So, what more benefits it has besides adding a twist to our Italian cuisine? We all are aware of the health benefits of having mushroom from being a rich source of Vitamin B and Protein to its antioxidants features. However, its important to note here that not all mushrooms are edible. Some are poisonous and have harmful effects if ingested.
Mushrooms have got it all covered. From soul cleaning, healing, and treating PTSD, Alzheimer’s disease, and alcoholism, the impact of psychedelic mushrooms has been a breakthrough. Nevertheless, With more researches, potential cures for various diseases are on the way.
Many Benefits of Mushrooms!
In the words of Paul Stamets.: “Mushrooms are miniature pharmaceutical factories”. It’s amazing how the mycelium network operates underground to save and heal the Earth.
We can compare it with the world wide web, where numerous mushroom roots communicate and transport nutrients to the areas that need them.
How can mushrooms heal our planet?
- Alternative to building materials: Cement is in use widely in building materials but at the expense of emitting toxic gases. The intelligent alternative is using mycelium combined with agricultural waste to aid in building materials.
- Packaging Materials: Thanks to the evolution of e-commerce, many shipping companies use unfortunately toxic Styrofoam. This luckily is being replaced by mycelium blocks that are biodegradable.
- Smart leather: A vegan leather to replace animal leather is now possible thanks to mushrooms. Including, the fashion industry that is adopting the smart trend.
- Save the Earth: What more? Some species of mushrooms, such as oyster mushrooms, take care of environmental pollution, such as oil spills. Because, they eat up ecological contamination, e.g., oil spills and fossil fuels, and soak up mercury, toxic waste is taken care of.
The impact of Psychedelic mushrooms
- Magic mushrooms are fungus species that contain psilocybin and psilocin. Another name for them is psychedelic mushrooms. It helps in:
- Personal transformation and spiritual betterment
- It helps to treat depression with its antidepressant effects
- Positive change in your lifestyle: More focus on creativity and mood enhancement by using microdosing magic mushrooms(less than a quarter of a gram)
- Healing Post-Traumatic stress disorder
- Certain mushrooms, for example, lion’s mane mushroom, also help prevent Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease as mushrooms have a significant impact on brain cells. In addition, It also helps in decreasing anxiety and improving sleep.
Visit our Donate page to learn more about how your contribution can make a real difference. Contact us if you’re interested in working with us or hosting a workshop on the Here2Help platform.Did you enjoy this article? Share it on social media to help us make a collective impact!